war

a war we fight, not just physical but deeper than that, a spiritual war we wage... two sides to it, what side do we choose? i am fighting for God!

HoGC

HoGC
a vision...

Monday, April 13, 2009

'I do it God, cause, I love You.'

It's funny that now at 3.36 AM, that I'm typing this blog, it has no real teaching, no real sharing, except that of a love that I feel right now for God.

After watching Gladiator, I sat there and asked myself, why do we do the things that we do? Do we do it cause we have to? Or do we do it cause we want to?

Dwelling in that question, I listen to the song In Liberty, and it just captures the heart, as God speaks into my heart.

'I am free, free.
All my chains are broken.'

I proclaim it loud in my heart, my mind, body and spirit. We do not choose to get bondage, but Christ has died to set us free from that bondage. Do we do the things we do cause we're bonded to do so?

No. We do it cause we 1st want to, what than causes you to change in that stand?

As I listen to this song, I'm reminded of the times that I've deeply encountered God, and suddenly the image of the D Odds chalet hits me, wave after wave. It's not about having to do it, but it's about wanting to do it, it's about loving God and having God in my life.

Remember the day, the night, in the wee hours of 1, 2, 3+ am, of which what started out as a number of 10, grew to as big as 50, 60+ members all gathered around Dominic with his guitar and Huishan supporting, as Huimin accompanies in the leading, all coming together for 1 reason, to worship God.

What then are we doing? Do we do it because we have to? No. I can safely say no, we don't have to do it. Do we want to do it? Yes, but is it really doing it? On that day and even right now, I feel the waves of love filling me, refreshing and an immense sense of peace.

What than? Why do you go to church? Why do you serve? Why do you do your people work? Why do you do the many things that you're doing in church, in ministries, in your CGs?

Return back to that 1st love?

As the image replays, I realize, it's not about us gathering cause we had to, but it's about us gathering together to worship, to minister, to praise... to... LOVE GOD.

God spoke to me then, 'Colin, why do you do the things that you do?'

I knew then, the root of my frustrations, i knew then the resource and the solutions, the answer to all my questions that I've been facing and asking myself...

So I answer, 'I do it God, cause, I love You!'

No comments: